I have a question for other Black Republicans.
- It's a white Republican, Rush Limbaugh, who is saying Blacks have not advanced in 40 years. That is false and I've proved it. Anyone else who holds true to that belief, is race baiting.
- It's white and some Black Republicans who say the CRA caused the financial meltdown when it's proven that most of the subprime loans were made by institutions that aren't under the CRA.
- It was a white Republican president who used a tale of a Black woman on welfare, getting into a Caddy after buying food with food stamps. It was that white Republican's own staff who later said it was not true and an "illustration."
- It was a white Republican, Jack Kemp, who said he was, essentially, in exile from his own party by saying the GOP needed to address Black voters.
- It was a white Republican, Tony Snow, who said he was, essentially, fired from the first Bush administration (Bush "Sr"), for saying they needed to address Black voters.
- It was a white Republican, Mary Matalin, who confirmed Tony Snow's comments about the "old" GOP guard not wanting to address Black voters.
- It was a white Republican, Lee Atwater, who said he used race baiting to get Republican votes.
- It was a white Republican, Ken Melhman, who said Republicans used race baiting, "The Southern Strategy" and that the Republican party was wrong for doing so.
Why must Black Republicans be responsible for cleaning up the mess we, by and large, didn't create?