It's a regular season wrap. Here are thoughts on the teams that I tend to follow:
- Ravens - I thought they would go 8 - 8, instead they go 11 - 5. I think the coaches get a lion share of the credit. It is now obvious that the previous coach lost his team. The most valuable player for the team isn't QB Flacco, it's WR Mason. Dude gutted out separated shoulder after separated shoulder. The last 3 games it was evident that he had little, if any, use in the shoulder. You could see it when he ran patterns with, essentially, one arm and STILL got separation and caught passes. And what I want to know is, who poisoned Troy Smith's food?
- Cowboys - Wow. Just, wow. They self destructed. Is Romo prime time?
- Washington - I still like Campbell and I think Zorn may be a good head coach. I hope he gets 2 more years to prove himself. I thought Campbell needed to prove he could be a #1 QB this year or else he would be in trouble. I think he is a good QB but the Washington fans are, as the word implies, crazy. So I think they want him gone. I say he has one year left, or else.
- Eagles - Fire Andy Reid. McNabb? Keep him only because there are no other quality QBs out there, except maybe Troy Smith.
Other football stuff:
- Like I said, Farve should have never come out of retirement. The Packers were right to do what they did.
- The Colts are the team to beat. Even if it gets that far, the Ravens can't deal with them.
- The Steelers are the team to beat. If it gets that far, it will be a good game. But the Ravens will still come out on the losing end if they face the Steelers.
Oh - Fur.
0 - 16.
If they play another Thanksgiving day game in the near term, someone needs to be shot.