D.S. 2.0 was in his crib as Mrs. D.S. and I were getting ready for church. We had put on a Veggie Tales CD. When I entered the room, "Belly Button" was playing.
People, that song is the JAM!!!
I was joking with Mrs. D.S. when I told her that if the Veggie Tales has another song like that, they may have to get a ghetto pass.
So, my list of Ghetto Pass artists are:
- Teena Marie -- Do I even have to explain why?
- Hall & Oates -- Again, do I even have to explain why?
- Average White Band -- Look, NO ONE will even blink an eye at the brothas of anotha color from Scotland.
- K.C. and The Sunshine Band -- Some called it airy pop, but I don't care. There is no way you can listen to a "best of" and NOT agree they had music to keep a house party going.
- Wild Cherry -- "Play That Funky Music" gets them at the door. The music they had afterwards wasn't of that high quality, but they gave it a good effort. The album covers gets them in the door! ;-)
- The Doobie Brothers -- Yes, this one is controversial given their early stuff and some people have suggested that MY PASS gets revoked for even mentioning them. But I still say they have it, if not, then I acknowledge the controversial nature of my choice by substituting Michael McDonald.
- Eric Clapton -- Listen to his blues work and what he did with B.B. King.
I need to tell you something...
I don't got no belly button...