- I watched Monday Night Football, more for the game than for the hoopla surrounding the game. The game stunk. It was a blowout. The only time I like to see blowouts is when the Washington football team is on the RECEIVING end. But, given the hoopla around the game, I have to join the many people who are asking about priorities of the local government to spend money to help rebuild the Superdome.
However, I understand paying for the repairs came from a combination of insurance money and bonds. The bonds means government -- public -- financing and I have a problem with that when there are other things more pressing. On the other hand, tourism was New Orleans' main industry, so in that realm, it makes some sense.
- President Bush is going to release the entire NIE report. I think this is a good thing to do to get all of the information out there. This is needed to help the American public THINK about what is going on and what the future may hold vs. taking a one sided view of what is happening.
- Whoever leaked those SELECTED CLASSIFIED parts of the NIE report committed a crime and must be found and punished.
- Getting back to the idea of priorities, all I'm going to say is, I see the affects of people growing up in poverty and now having "money" to only make poor choices in dealing with the money they own. It has to deal with not being taught to handle money and now not seeking out learning about handling money. However, what really burns me is when people are given ideas and suggestions on how to better handle their money to only ignore it, then get themselves into trouble, and then come to you for a bailout.
- The rising harshness of the media dealing with politicians and the politicians dealing with media is interesting to watch. Unfortunately, I think it is needed to put "both sides" in check. But it's going to get uglier.
- If Chavez calling Bush "el Diablo" was inappropriate, what about Fawell's "flip" comments that Hilliary would get his base more riled up than Lucifer?