I've got kid duty.
CSPAN-1 is tuned on all televisions in the house, so I'm burning electricity, just to hear what is happening.
- At the start, Tavis thanked CSPAN for covering this event for 7 years, noting that they are the ONLY station who deems it worthy to cover. Ain't that a slam on BET? :-D
- It should also be noted the number of "white" companies who are backing the event: Nationwide, Wells Fargo, McDonalds, and others. To those who say "white America" is out to hold "Black America" down, you have no leg to stand on, IMO.
- The economic stats on Black America is depressing. "We" are making money and seem to be not doing much with it. Now, Michelle Singletary is talking on this one...
[ Update 1 ]
- She's saying that we are more likely to take care of others in our family, so starting off behind and taking care of others, hurts the bottom line. But, stop spending and live below your means.
[ Update 2 ]
- Alphonso Jackson was invited, said he would attend, then backed out.
[ Update 3 ]
- Michelle Singletary is troubled by defining wealth as having money and owning businesses vs. spiritual wealth, having a home, being fed, etc. Interesting view. I don't like the idea that if you aren't a business owner, you aren't building wealth.
[ Update 4 ]
- Floyd Flake is the man. Every time I hear the man speak, I came away saying the same thing.
- The moderator is doing a bad job keeping control.
[ Update 5 ]
- blah blah blah
- Overall, from listening, I think there are 15 minutes worth of good stuff in the morning session.
Real life moves on...