- High school dropout rates have declined faster among blacks ages 18 to 24 than the national average.
- In the last presidential election, the black voter turnout rate exceeded that of whites in a presidential election for the first time, by 66.6% to 64.1%From 1910 to 1970, about 6 million blacks left the South to move to other parts of the country in what is called the Great Migration.
- The poverty rate among blacks is the highest of any racial or ethnic group, but has declined slightly over time
- Barack Obama overshadows others as the nation’s most important black leader
- Looking to the future, blacks are more likely than whites to say a lot needs to be done to achieve racial equality in the U.S