Peaceoholics is Non-Profit organization that is committed to the youth and families of the District of Columbia. Through the various activities of Peaceoholics, youth will be transformed into drug-free and crime-free productive members of their communities. Activities include:
- Designing & Operating Youth Programs. In the initial phases, the organization will focus on providing services to youth found involved in the District’s juvenile justice system in an effort to offer programs to serve as alternatives to detention and prevention to entry into the adult correctional system. Programs will focus on a Balanced and Restorative Justice approach and will teach young people to understand the impact of their actions of their community and to offer a means to repair the harm created by illegal activities. In future phases, Peaceoholics will expand programs to include prevention services to include youth at-risk of involvement in the Juvenile Justice System.
- Developing a Network of Peace-Minded Individuals. The Organization will develop a broad national network comprised of the Organization's members and other like-minded persons and organizations. The network will support youth programs, share information regarding peace, health and youth issues and coordinate periodic events for the membership and targeted population. Members of the Board and other volunteers will coordinate such efforts and events. The Organization will also establish sister organizations and affiliates throughout the country and the world to serve a wide and diverse constituency. The goal is to promote peace and change community norms regarding risky behaviors and conflict resolution through peer education. The time volunteered will encourage youth and adults to work cooperatively with other persons throughout the country who are dedicated to education and community involvement.
- Participating in Youth Events Sponsored by Schools, Government Agencies & Non-Profit Organizations. Members of the Board of Directors and community members will join forces to encourage community members, local and national businesses to contribute their time and donations to assist with promoting the Organization's goals. Program staffs efforts may be spent conducting seminars and lectures to various groups and organizing events related to the empowerment of youth. Technical assistance includes the provision of workshops, trainings, and facilitations.
- Training and Workshops. Peaceoholics will reach out to various organizations and institutions providing vocational training and relevant workshops for all willing participants. Areas covered will include life skills, and industry specific coursework in computers training, language based training, and financial management.
- Producing & Distributing Information. The Organization will share multimedia information with the general public regarding healthy and effective means to peacefully resolve conflict and maintain healthy habits. Information may include broadcast messages that target youth. Members of the Board and community members will distribute the information at local events and national conferences relating to peace efforts and youth. The organization will also publish such information free of charge on its web site. In the event a professional writer is hired, such person shall be paid a reasonable fee for such service, which fee will be determined by the Organization's budget priorities, and the nature and complexity of the work.